DR WILSON LIM CHRISTMAS MESSAGE

Moving towards 2011
This year has been an eventful and fruitful year on a number of fronts. HIM has been examining key strategic areas with the view of developing the movement over the next 5 years to put it on a better footing to move it forward strongly over the next decades. I have been intimately involved in this process and I am excited with the strategic areas that we are focussing on. We will launch the 5 year strategic process in the Chiangmai Global Conference in January 2011. We have already amassed leaders from across HIM globally to be involved in this process. From 2012 onwards we should begin to see some of the outcomes of the strategic work.
Five Year Strategic Plan
This has been reinforced by a recent substantial prophetic word give to the movement by two prophets that we had invited to prophecy over our senior leaders while in Melbourne for the recent Global Conference. The prophetic word was that we would see substantial favour from God in the coming decade, particularly after 2015 which coincides exactly with the conclusion of the 5 year strategic plan. I am therefore looking forward with anticipation to this important strategic process.

HIM Oceania has also officially taken the responsibility to oversee our churches in Liberia, Guinea and Congo. This is a big step of responsibility and an exciting one.
The relationship has developed under Ps. Brendan’s leadership and has grown from there. Just over a month ago, May Cheung was part of an HIM mission team that visited our churches in Liberia. The focus of the visit was to assist the Liberian churches to develop their churches and leadership into cell-based churches. It also explored options for these churches to be more financially self-reliant. Due to the devastation of a decade long civil war the country is greatly impoverished.


I hope that HIM Oceania can prepare to send several teams over to Africa each year so that we can support these churches to help them be more fruitful and effective in expanding God’s Kingdom. Another team will be going over to Africa in January led by Ps. Lance and will connect also with our churches in Congo.
Oceania Convention in Philip Island 2011

I am looking forward to the 2011 Oceania Convention in Philip Island. It theme will focus around preparing for the coming harvest. I believe God wants to prepare our hearts and our churches for a glorious harvest to come. We must build the right foundations in our lives and in our churches so that we can reach out effectively and contain the harvest. 2011 must be a year that we focus on doing so.
I believe that God wants us to lift our eyes heavenward and grasp God’s heartbeat to grow us and our churches to a place of readiness. God is refining His church and we must avail ourselves to His holy work.
I trust that over this festive season, each one of you will enjoy God’s grace and be refreshed for a year of growing and fruitfulness in Him.
God bless,
Dr. Wilson Lim
Chairman of Hope Oceania Churches





