Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A PASSIONATE PEOPLE BY DR WILSON LIM

[Global Conference in Chiang Mai, Thailand]

I used to think that passionate people are just simply too …. passionate. I equated passion with emotionalism. Yet over the years of my journey in ministry, I have come to realise the value of authentic and godly passion.

Passion is about intensity. It is an intensity of enthusiasm, desire or emotion about an object of one’s pursuit, whether it be something, someone or an outcome.

Passion, when properly harnessed, propels us forward towards a goal. Such as the Apostle Paul who declared passionately in Phil 3:8 (NIV) 8What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ… Paul was so passionate about knowing Christ that nothing else came close in comparison to it. Such passion for Christ and the Kingdom of God, motivated Paul to preach the Gospel and plant churches in every significant part of the known world.


[Malaysia National Convention, Kuching]

In the world of today, there are many passionate people. But sadly, most are not passionate about God. We, as Christ-followers, should of all people be passionate about Christ. If we are lukewarm, half-hearted, uncommitted, how do we expect the incomparable Good News to ever spread far beyond ourselves and touch this world? How can we ever expect others to catch the fire of God for the Gospel cross the innumerable obstacles of race, culture, language, religious resistance, stubborn misunderstandings and so forth?

God is seeking for those who may catch the fires of passion for Christ and His Kingdom. Whose fires may blaze so strongly that it begins to infectiously spread to others. Whose fires may break past any natural and spiritual hindrances. Whose fires may stir them to higher levels of faith and accomplishments in God. Whenever I have found individuals who have risen above mediocrity to stellar achievements, I have found passion in their hearts.

So I have learnt to stir in my own heart my own passion for Christ and the Kingdom of God. To fuel it, to nurture and to harness it that it may energise me to go further and higher in God.


It is for that reason I believe our coming Oceania Convention 2012 with the theme “Passion” will be life transforming. This is the opportunity for God to speak to our hearts and ignite a godly passion in our hearts. In this conference, we are privileged to have Ps. Gordon Moore, senior pastor of C3 Bridgman Downs, a large and growing mega-church as well as National Director of C3 Australia. A man who is passionate about reaching the community and changing lives. We have also our HIM President Ps Simon who is passionate about God and His Church. I am honoured to share the same platform with them and stir godly passions in our midst.


This Convention will also be unique in that we will have demographic sections on Sunday morning and afternoon to cater for youth, university, working adults and families. Different speakers with topics specific to each demographic will feature. In particular, Ps. David Goodwin who is an expert of children and family issues will be one of our guest speakers for the family segment. Opportunities will be provided as well for delegates from across our churches to mingle and network in each demographic grouping. And all this in the beautiful setting of the Sunshine Coast.

Already some 650 people have signed up. So do not miss out on this exciting convention and book your place early. I hope to see you there and see your life enriched in our time together.

Passionately yours,

Dr. Wilson Lim

Chairman of Oceania Churches


 
[Click here to unsubscribe from Rivers of Hope Newsletter]Free Counters from SimpleCount.com